Dear Parents and Friends:
Welcome to First Methodist Preschool. The Preschool is a ministry of the First United Methodist Church, Mexia, Texas.
We began serving families in the area in September 1979. The Preschool is licensed by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services. Our license includes children ages 4 weeks to 10 years. We accept children for care without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin of the child or the child’s parents.
Our Objectives are:
- Emphasis on Christian Education
- Each child grows in understanding and love for themselves, their families, and others in the world.
- Each child grows in awareness that God loves them and Jesus is a special friend.
- Each child grows in the ability to think, solve problems and develop language skills.
- Each child enjoys creative expression in music, art, and play.
Each classroom is set up in Learning Centers and includes opportunities to learn through play. The Learning Centers include Art, Music, Dramatic Play, Science, Math, Manipulatives, Library, Blocks, and Transportation.
The Preschool classes are planned around weekly secular themes and all activities are coordinated with that weekly theme. Our Music Teacher includes songs associated this theme.
Our Daily Chapel times are based on 52 different Bible Stories and include the life of Christ, Jesus’ Ministry, The Easter Story, Parables, Creation, and Old Testament Characters and Stories. Morning chapel time include prayer, praise songs, and Bible Study.
We have a wonderful, loving, and well trained staff who are dedicated to providing a quality early childhood education to all children enrolled. Our doors are always open and we welcome you to come visit our facility.